Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

sunsets never were so bright and the skies never so blue

My friend Chelsea let me take her picture! I was so excited. I've wanted to take her photos since I met her and especially since she showed me her first tat last year (I've always been interested in photographing tattoos and the people who have them) but I didn't have the courage to ask till earlier this month. I'm so glad I did!

She brought along her friend Kelsey (yes, I gave up on trying to call them by their names half way through) who made a lovely model and assistant. Unfortunately it was insanely hot so we didn't shoot as long as I would have liked and didn't get everything I had in mind but we still got some cool stuff. I also need to find some new locations, haha!

Chelsea is an amazing musician! She can't read music well but she plays piano a million times better than me (and I have taken for close to ten years now) and she can play by ear! I wish I could play like that.

(Because blogger is being weird about the way it lets me type between photos - it keeps shutting down safari at random times! - Kelsey appears first, with the lighter hair and is right in the group photo and Chelsea has longer, darker hair and is left in the first photo of them together. They're both so gorgeous, aren't they? Wardrobe mostly by them, makeup by me. We tried to curl Chelsea's hair but it was so hot it was basically all gone by the time we got there)



Kelsey's tattoo symbolizes her love for peace and her hope that one day the rest of the world will learn to love it too. It was done by Marshall (Donovan) Sinclair at Legacy Ink 


Chelsea's tattoo is for her grandfather who committed suicide. It says "August 3, 2007, don't ask me about empty." I'm pretty sure Donovan at Legacy Ink did this one too.



We didn't get all the shots we planned for so we might do a reshoot too. Chelsea has this gorgeous tattoo on her ribs that we didn't get that says "Effrene" which is French for "unrestrained." And she was just such a lovely model that I can't help but shoot her again. :)

No comments: