Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

making pictures where the lines overlap

I took photos of my friends Kaylee and Megan this past weekend. It's kind of funny cause I was a little nervous about this shoot. We had been planning it for a couple of weeks but I didn't get a chance to nail down all the details. Seriously though, I had nothing to worry about. These people are a dream to shoot. When I got there, they already knew where they wanted to go and had several outfits ready, hair and makeup perfect. Their mom is amazing (she's also my dance teacher!) and she drove us around and was super helpful with poses. We had so much fun. . both of these girls are friggen crazy! (and awesome)

I've shot with Megan and her mom before but it was nothing super exciting, just some head shots. You can see one on her website. Somehow, I never ended up posting that set here. . . :/

(haha, no logo partly cause I forgot and partly because I'm redesigning it slightly. XD)

Kaylee. Isn't she absolutely gorgeous??


Megan. So lovely! Unfortunately, light was not my friend for these dance shots. We got a few more with her en pointe but they didn't turn out great. She's really a great dancer though. (Kaylee also dances but we didn't really get any dance shots of her. Reshoot? #yesplz)





One of my favorite outtakes XD I love these girls.

Isn't this bike amazing? It's in great condition and I think they said it was from the '50s maybe? It made for neat shots.

The light in this one of Megan was being uncooperative (again!) It was nice and cloudy until she sat down and then the sun came out. But I liked this one anyway.

I loved this locations! Unfortunately, we were only there for two minutes of less because we were afraid of getting shooed off for trespassing! haha.


a couple of my favorite shots :)

I loved this tree! And all of the photos we took by it. 

Ahh! The school bus! <3 another five minute shot because, well, it was a school bus.
(and wasn't the reflection amazing?! it was Mrs. Heather's (their mom) idea and the light was really perfect for it but I'm not completely happy with what I did with it. Something new to practice. :) )



(ah! I loved those windows! once again, Mrs. Heather's idea for them to get up in the windows like that. I really need to get better at posing)


I loved the sky here! perfect. :)

Ah! So pretty girls! I had so much fun on this shoot. I love this family. Expect to see more of Kaylee and Megan in the near future ;)

No comments: